This colorful mix of vegetables makes an ideal accompaniment to chicken, beef fish, or pork, given the roasting brings out the natural sweetness and intense flavors of vegetables. They’re a perfect side dish throughout the whole year but there’s just something comforting about having a big dish full of roasted vegetables during the holiday season.
Another bonus: Roasting the vegetables all in one baking sheet saves on cleanup, too, which is always a big plus when you’re making a big dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions (cut into thick wedges)
- 2 medium red potatoes (cut into 6 wedges)
- 2 carrots (medium to large, cut into chunks)
- 2 medium zucchini (thickly sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large red bell pepper (seeded and cut into chunks)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Spray a large baking pan or ovenproof dish with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange cut vegetables in dish and drizzle with olive oil. Season with pepper.
- Roast vegetables for 20 minutes, or until the tops are slightly browned and crispy.
- Remove from oven and turn vegetables over.
- Roast for an additional 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy!